Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yay for Fresh Produce (and a New Ride)!

My garden is going strong!  Despite the extremely dry weather, I've had a lot of green beans, beets, tomatoes, green peppers and some lettuce.  My spinach and snap peas went to seed and dried up so I pulled them all out.  When my in-laws were here last weekend, we wanted to check out the carrots; I was shocked at how large they already are!
A friend told me, "There's nothing like home-grown carrots."  And she was right - they were scrumptious!
Just ask Sue & Brian...
 A small sample of what we picked Sunday.
Leo loves to help John pull carrots.
Leo has been hilarious in the garden.  I know I shouldn't have him in there with me, but he loves it.  He loves green beans; he'll sit and eat all the beans within the radius of his mouth.  Then he'll move to a new spot.  And digging up the weeds - oh, what a joy for him!  He's been such a blast.

On another note, my birthday present is finally up and running:
Yay for a Burley!
 This is the face you receive before you start moving...
Or whenever you stop....
 But he's a happy camper when you're moving....as long as you don't go too far.
I've been loving it - we went to the Post Office to mail letters, to a friend's house to see her new play set, on a ride with another friend and her Burley...oh so much fun!  I just hope Aidan continues to enjoy it as much as his mama.
Funny story:  the other bike my parents gave us is my green Huffy from junior high (without breaks!).  Well, my chivalrous hubby refuses to let me ride a bike without breaks so he's been riding it when we go as a family.  The poor guy - his legs barely can go 'roud and then the seat doesn't stay up or in place so he wobbles around.  I get the giggles every time we go - I think it's time to get him a new bike!

0 comments: