Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fun Weekend

Despite the frigid temperatures, the sun was out and we had a wonderful weekend!
On Friday, Brian spent the morning with his boy and I got to shop alone!  Grocery shopping is my least favorite housewife chore, but it's not so bad sans toddler.  That evening we had some new friends over - I'm so thankful for the Tapper family!  They recently moved to the area and it's been fun to get to know them.  Their children, ages 4 & 5, keep Aidan on his toes as he tries to keep up with all that they do!  When Sydney got into the Cool Whip, Aidan was right behind her - "double fisting" it!

Brodi was enjoying some Cool Whip too (and Sydney was eating it out of Aidan's hair!).

Early Saturday morning, Aidan made some Halloween crafts with me.  He's been very proud of them and says to everyone who visits, "I MADE dat!"
.




Saturday, my sweet friend, Jenn, invited me to Clear Lake's Harvest Festival. We had an absolute blast browsing all the vendor tables, sipping wine, and ducking into stores to warm up (yes, it was only 42 degrees that day).  We drank coffee & Bloody Marys too.  We forgot to take our picture, but here's what I purchased:
These FAITH letters came from Heartfelt Designs, Hampton, IA (you can find her on Facebook).  They match my new living room decor perfectly!
I can't wait to order this birth & name info for Aidan when I redecorate his room.  She'll do any color scheme.
[Oh, while I'm talking room decor, I found this Customized City State Heart that I would love to order for Aidan's room.  I think I'll do San Diego, CA where he was born.]
Thanks so much, Jenn, for the fabulous afternoon!  I needed the girltime!

That evening Gigi and Papa Jake came to Garner and took us out for supper!  It was super fun to see them.
 

On Sunday after our naps, we visited Lake Cornelia.  Our new friends recommended it to us and it was beautiful!  Due to the frigid temps, we were the only people there so Leo was able to run like crazy.  He had a blast - he even dipped his feet in the water.
 Aidan absolutely loved the playground.  It was nearly impossible to pull him away from it.
 Our son is not afraid of anything.  He always gets too close to the edge, wants to climb way higher than he's physically able (even with Mom or Dad's help), and insists that he'd only get a "scrape" if he fell.


 Aidan also likes the Merry-Go-Round.
However, most of the time he'd rather be pushing it (that means Mama & Daddy are riding on it - ha!).
 Best Buddies

 What a wonderful weekend we had!  Yay!

2 comments:

sarah schmidt said...

I absolutely love the picture of Aidan standing on that pedastal at the park, looking down. He is so sweet in his boots and winter gear. Looks like you are enjoying life to the full! So glad.

sarah schmidt said...

Also, I LOOOVE the FAITH blocks.