Monday, November 5, 2012

Pastor Appreciation

I never knew October was Pastor Appreciation month until I became a pastor's wife.  I wish I had been more aware and could have blessed my former pastors in ways that we have been blessed.  These last few weeks, I have been completely overwhelmed by the generosity of our congregants.

Let me share:
  • Gifts of prayer.  Our head elder brought our family up front a few Sundays ago to verbally show his appreciation for our ministry on behalf of the church and pray for us.  His prayer for us meant so much - that's what we need the most!
  • Gifts of money.  Some in the church have been so generous to show their appreciation through wonderful cards and gifts.  I used all of the money for bills except for $100 of which I spent at Pottery Barn for home decor.  What a fun treat that was!  Maybe my package will arrive today!?
  • Gifts of meat.  Many in our church our farmers.  Our freezer is always full of beef and pork - we are so thankful for how this reduces our grocery bill.
  •  Gifts of yummies.  Some sweet ladies are always dropping off baked goods.  And there is one man who usually drops off muffins for Aidan a few times a month.  Now Aidan always associates muffins with Mr. Al.
  • Gifts of grace.  Sometimes this mama just needs to get out of the house.  I am so thankful for those who invite us out to their farm to ride in the tractors, see the cows, feed apples to the donkey, pick pumpkins, rake leaves & ride in the Gator, etc. 
We are thankful to our congregants for all the ways they love on us, pray for us, and bless us with their gifts.  THANK YOU, Zion-ites.

0 comments: