Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life Lately

The last week or so has been such a blessing and very refreshing to us as we've been able to take two mini vacations.  Monday - Wednesday of last week, Brian's family treated us to a trip to Lanesboro.  We had so much fun.  Not only did Aidan love sharing an ice cream cone with Daddy, he had the opportunity to ride behind our bikes for 20 miles!  Yes, we all had very sore bottoms by the end of the day.  Lanesboro is such a beautiful little tourist town nestled in the bluffs of southeastern MN.  The bike riding was gorgeous along the countryside of farmland (yes, mooing cute cows too!), golf courses, and limestone bluffs.  The guys also got to tube down the Root River while the girls chatted and enabled Aidan to get a much needed nap.  
 Aidan with Grammie & Grandpa Lund
We also shopped at some cute stores and ate some yummy meals.  One of my favorite restaurants is along the river - I love to eat out on the patio!  Aidan enjoyed it too...with Grammie.  We are so thankful for such a wonderful trip!  Thanks, Lunds!

One evening last week, a fellow ministry family in town came over for supper.  The kiddos had a lot of fun in the pool.  Aidan couldn't get over all the action, as he's usually the loneranger in his pool...he wasn't so sure about all the splashing!
The boys.

My garden is really growing!  I don't weed it nearly as often as I should.  My goal is once a week (after all, that hoeing is good for me!) but, we've been gone so much, I haven't gotten to it as much as I'd like.  I need to be cutting and cleaning my lettuce so I can give it away.  Let me know if you'd like some!

Brian snapped this pretty picture of the church.  It's our view from our yard!  We heart summer.


So I am terrible at taking pictures - not only is my skill level null (still haven't finished reading Nikon d3000 for Dummies), but I just don't carry it with me like I should.  Needless to say, my Fourth of July pictures are essentially nonexistent, but here are a few:
Aidan & Uncle Alex
We spent two days boating, jet-skiing, playing Croquet and enjoying family.  We were even able to sneak up to the nursing home to greet Aidan's great grandpa Lund.
We hope you had a blessed Fourth!  Praise God for the freedoms that we not only have in Christ, but also as Americans.





0 comments: