Monday, June 27, 2011

Aidan's Baptism

"Yet you are he who took me from the womb;
you made me trust you at my mother's breasts.
On you I was cast from my birth,
and from my mother's womb you have been my God."
Psalm 22:9-10 
On Sunday, June 26 our dearest son entered God's covenant family through the sacrament of baptism.  It was a very special day and, after having a lot of cool, rainy weather, we had the most perfect day - just like we had prayed for!
 Our vows.
 Daddy baptizes Aidan.
Prayer of blessing for our little man.  (I knew I wouldn't have a dry eye!)

Our families came to celebrate with us.  Mine traveled all the way from central MN and came on Saturday night.
 Uncle Andy & Callie

Great Grandpa & Grandma Wayt
My parents came too.  I missed them in my pictures Saturday...oops.

Brian's parents, grandparents, sister & her husband came for the service on Sunday.  Afterwards, we took family pictures.
Brian, me and our four-toothed wonder.  His top right tooth just poked through yesterday.
 The Lunds.
 Lunds, Lunds, Wayts
The Wayts
 Grandma Jane & A
Me, Grandma Jane, A and Uncle Andy

We invited all the family for a lunch celebration at our house.  Unfortunately, the main event went down for a nap and missed his party.
 Auntie Christie, Baby Girl Cousin Schmidt, & Uncle Alex
 A's great grandpas
 Grandma Jane & Grandpa Chuck
 Uncle Andy & Callie
 Grammie & Grandpa Lund
 Brian & Great Grandma Char
Two very happy, very grateful, and very thankful parents of a covenant baby.  May God grant our little A repentance and faith as he grows in the Triune Christian faith that we profess.

0 comments: