Thursday, August 4, 2011

Out of the Blue

 Two of my three main men and I road-tripped to Baldwin, WI yesterday...
to watch my dad Sky-Dive!
 Clare, our second cousin, talked my dad into Sky-Diving with her and her four guy friends.
The gang = college students + Dad
 Aid and Uncle Andy gearing up for the jump.  Aidan can't contain his excitement. ;)
 Picture of Mom & Dad...praying it's not their last (I'm so nervous!)
 Sue is Clare's mom.  She's lots of fun.
 It was a gorgeous day with such bright sun; I couldn't convince him to keep his hat on.

 Mom, Leo, Mark & Sue (Mark is my mom's cousin)
 Dad and his tandem partner (he's a pilot for UPS - that makes me less nervous!).
 Dad's photographer and video-man.
 Being cute - what he does best (besides trying to chew on my arms).  Leo and Aidan were both people magnets all day.  It's amazing the number of people you meet when you have a baby...and a puppy!
 The $1.7 million 750 hp plane that takes up the divers.
 Boarding!  Go Dad!  We love you!
 Grandma Jane & Aidan trying to stay cool.
 Uncle Andy is all spiffy riding co-pilot.
 Bye, Dad!
 And they're off...
to 13,000 feet.  (At 13,500 they'd need oxygen so they don't go that high.)
For nearly 15 minutes, we squint to follow the plane as it ascends.  It sways back & forth in the cirrus clouds and soon we can only catch glimpses when the sun reflects off of it.  And then, when the plane is no more, colors fall out of the blue...(now I know how that expression originated!).



 He's landing with perfect form - feet up!
 First words from Dad, "That was AWESOME!  Whew!"
 Dad loved it.  The spins in the air were a bit too much (he doesn't even like the Tilt-A-Whirl), but other than that, it was perfect.
And here comes Clare!  Yay!
It was a fabulous day.  We all went to supper together and then headed home.  My boys were exceptional travelers and slept the whole way.  Thanks, family, for all the fun!  We're proud of you, Clare & Dad!

0 comments: