Thursday, August 25, 2011

Proverbs Project

A woman who fears the LORD:
She seeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.
-Proverbs 31:13

I saw this wool project at Mary's Country Threads and loved it.  I have nearly no decor in the huge parsonage kitchen and with black-ish counter-tops, I thought it'd match - if it turns out!  I conned my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, her mother-in-law and a friend into taking the class with me.  Sweet Grandma Fretty came to watch Aidan and Leo while we sewed.
  Here is the kit we purchased.
This is Christie and Darcy using Transfer-Ease to copy the picture onto the silk.
 Bethany and Mary, our fabulous teacher.
My dearest mother-in-law who was disgusted because she could never get her needled threaded.

 I practiced my back-stitch.
 Christie, the perfectionist, back-stitching like crazy.  I'm hoping the "Mary's store" bug bit her that day and, now that she's a stay-at-home, she'll do projects with me!
 Back-stitching almost complete!
 The Transfer-Ease is neat because once the stitching is complete, you dip it in water and the backing dissolves.
In the afternoon, we put the strip of grass along the bottom (yes, we had to stitch around it, we couldn't just glue it - Mary said.), but now we have all the sheep and the lady to do...by ourselves!  We might have to get together again in the future!
We survived a wonderful day of sewing!  First one done with their project wins a trip to Hawaii....HA! Thanks, Mary, for such a fun day!

0 comments: