Monday, September 3, 2012

Instagram Update

We've been thoroughly enjoying the last of these beautiful summer days!
Watermelon is a favorite:

So is "diggin'" in the dirt pile.  I took the ugly landscaping out this spring and never did anything to it; it has become Aidan and Leo's favorite spot to dig.  Unfortunately, it is a true eye-sore!

 Helping Mama water her garden is also a favorite.  Unlike his mama, Aidan hasn't given up on our garden.  This spring I didn't get manure in it before a sweet man from church came to till it.  Therefore, it didn't do anything.  Nothing grew or produced so I gave up.  I weeded it once and then decided it wasn't worth it.  A lot of people blamed it on the drought (they say water from a hose isn't the same as rain water?!); although, my lack of a green-thumb didn't help matters any.
Trying again next year?  Not sure.  I'm kinda over it, but maybe I'll get the gardening bug next spring again.
 Proof that my garden is terrible:
I think the package said "green" peppers.
Further proof: I planted marigolds in the middle where none of the seeds came up.  They're like memorials over a grave of unregenerate seeds.

Aidan loves to hang out at the slide behind our church.
 Riding his trike in the early morning hours (yes with his jammies still on) is another summer favorite.
And, of course, biking in the evenings with Daddy is a special treat.

Last weekend, Brian attended a conference in MI so the boys and I headed to Brainerd for a few days.
On the way to Brainerd, I was able to stop and see some college friends (thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming to get Leo and Aidan so I could have a night of freedom!).
I was so blessed to be able to celebrate a dear college friend's upcoming marriage with her and our old roomies.  It was wonderful to reconnect, and I so look forward to Andene's November 2 wedding.  Funny story: I was the only person at the shower who hasn't yet met her fiance.  However, I won the "How well do you know Sean?" game.  I think Andene has done an excellent job describing her man to me!  I can't wait to meet him at the wedding, if not before.
Another dear friend from college just moved back to MN after seven years of ministry in Korea.  We talked for three hours at a coffee shop in Staples.  Love her and I'm so glad Jac's back.
 
 
I spent a lot of time on the Mississippi during Aidan's naps.  It was very peaceful.  Except for three large dogs who were constantly wet and muddy!  Leo loved playing the water with Jack and Savvy - fetching was a fave.
 This was my view - so gorgeous.  I sat here and read Modern Reformation.  There were so many good articles in it this month.  I can't wait to blog about a few of my favorites later this week.
 We visited Great Grandpa Richie and Great Grandma Char.  Aidan said, "Cookie" immediately upon his arrival - yes, Great Grandma has wonderful goodies to share!
Aidan loved to help Great Grandpa haul his wheelbarrow up from the lake.  If you asked him what he was doing, "I workin.'"
 Aidan also helped Great Grandpa feed the ducks.  He wanted them to ride home with us.  "I hold.  I hold duck."

 Aidan loved to be like Grandma Jane.  He'd wear her reading glasses and hold on to the TV remote.  I called him my lil' professor.
 
We had so much fun with Grandma and Bop, I came home with one exhausted toddler.
 

Brian had a wonderful conference.  He loaded up on sermons and White Horse Inn talks to make the 10 hour drive pass quickly.  I was thankful his high school car (yes, he still drives it!) transported him there & back so safely.  God is good.  He was blessed by the wonderful hospitality and fellowship of the Borgs.  Thanks, Rach and Kyle, for taking such great care of my husband!  I was excited when Brian brought back his "spoils" from the conference:
 
 I immediately grabbed Parenting By God's Promises by Joel Beeke from his pile; I've been reading it after my quiet time in the mornings.  It's very good and I'll have to post what I've been learning.

This last week was crazy - we got back from vacation on Tuesday night and I then cleaned the house from top to bottom Wednesday & Thursday in between playdates and meetings.  Friday, then, I was greatly relieved to sit down in my hairsylist's chair and get a new 'do.  I courageously [foolishly?] said, "SURE!" when she asked about bangs!  Covering up what Brian calls my "noble" forehead can't be a bad thing.

One more week and then we leave for CO - my cousin is getting married and we are very excited to celebrate with him.  This week, though, is our first Mommy's Group of 2012-2013 here at my house on Thursday and Thursday night is the kick-off bible study.  Please be in prayer for these ministries.   I am super excited about the book we're going through for Bible study: The Wisdom of God, Seeing Jesus in Psalms & Proverbs by Nancy Guthrie.  I highly recommend it!

Lastly, a blog I have been really enjoying lately is Grace Covers Me - it's a blog for ministry wives.  If you're a ministry wife or soon-to-be one, check it out.  I promise you'll be encouraged.

0 comments: