Monday, March 4, 2013

Children's Museum

We recently visited the Children's Museum in St. Paul. 
It was an absolute joy watching Aidan's face light up with delight as we entered each new arena.  He couldn't believe that he was allowed to run without boundaries and touch anything and everything that pleased him.

The first room we visited was Habitot; Aidan ran and ran and ran.  It was difficult to get him to leave this area because he thought it was all over - he soon realized that each time he left an area, the next one was even more exciting!


Dora the Explorer was on display.  Although Aidan knows nothing about her, he enjoyed exploring all the spacey exhibits.


 
 EarthWorld was a favorite.  Aidan loved pretending to be an ant as he crawled through all the small, dark places.  He made sure Daddy wasn't far behind, though.

 I'll catch you, Daddy.
Peek!


Children have the opportunity to be "rock stars" on this stage; they can even watch themselves perform.  My dancer & rock star loved being the star of the show.
 First he busted moves with the guitar (like Daddy).
 Then with the mop (like Mommy).
And lastly, with the school flag.
I wish these pictures captured just how quickly those hips were swinging.  It was hilarious.

In the art room, Aidan painted a picture for Uncle Andy since we were celebrating his birthday.
Does this Picasso wear a smock?  No way.  At least not without a fight.

Lastly we raced boats, played with water hydraulics, and bubbles.  He had so much fun.
Thankfully my friend, Jac, suggested that I bring a dry shirt for my little explorer.  I was so glad I took her advice - it prevented Aidan from having a complete meltdown at the end.

The Children's Museum was just perfect - I so wish we had something like this closer to our home.  It is the perfect place to go on a cold, winter day.
Guess what I did hear that we're getting!?  STARBUCKS!  I am beyond thrilled.  Yay, Mason City!  Now I won't have to drive two hours for a half-caf caramel latte.  Yum.  May I ask for a Chipotle, Children's Museum and Barnes & Noble next?

1 comments:

sarah schmidt said...

SO FUN! I love all these sweet pictures. And those blue eyes!!!! Precious! We were there over Christmas break...LOVED that museum! Fun, fun. You guys are awesome parents!