Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bye Bye Crib!

Recently, I was training in a new babysitter and Aidan was acting up so I placed him in his crib for a timeout.  As we were sitting at the kitchen table, I heard Aidan say (in very close proximity), "I'm sorry, Mommy."  
So I asked him, "Aidan, where are you?"
"I'm in the living room."
"How did you get in the living room?"
"I climbed out."

I knew it was only a matter of time before our boy was done with his crib.  When we got home from lunch that Sunday, Brian and Aidan took off the front rail.
 One last picture before the rail comes off.
Daddy's best helper wants to use the wrench.

 So strong!
So happy trying out his new big boy bed!
 Trying it out.
This is how he climbs out.

Our boy is so proud of his bed!  He has been doing an excellent job - he doesn't climb out unless he's given permission to get up and he's still been taking excellent 3 hour naps each afternoon.

He's also excited about putting up his baby sister's white crib that arrived last week.  Mommy doesn't want it to get dusty, though, so I think we'll wait until the last week in June.


 

0 comments: