Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Nursery

I've spent a lot of time "pinning" ideas for baby girl nurseries and have been agonizing over deciding on just one.  Normally I make decisions very easily and go for it without second-guessing myself.  This has, unfortunately, not been the case with Baby Girl's nursery.  The only thing I knew was that I wanted to make a Chevron quilt to go with whatever decor & bedding I chose.

However, when the Pottery Barn Kids magazine arrived last month, I fell in love with this nursery!

I decided to use turquoise for the rocker (instead of the wall) & pink for the bedding.  I love how the paisley sheet will tie it all together.

After ordering the sheet, bumper, curtains, and quilted sham, I began making my Chevron quilt.  I am so thankful to Mary from Country Threads who drew out the pattern for me.
 Yesterday was the perfect day to sew - it was cold, blustery and very, very wet.
 I put Aidan down for his nap, turned on White Horse Inn and got to work.


It didn't take more than a few hours to sew the squares together.
I just LOVE the final product:
It's exactly what I was hoping for.  And it's a perfect size for a crib quilt.  Mary is having a big sale this Friday & Saturday so I'm hoping to find some turquoise fabric for the backing and binding.

My parents bought me a fabric rocker from Walmart that I'm having recovered in this fabric:

I am so excited for it all to come together.  Target has a huge sale this week on their Graco items so we were able to order the white crib for a real deal!  This is so fun; I told Brian this morning that this room will probably be my favorite room in the house.  Now I just pray that the LORD will keep our baby girl healthy and safe so we can meet her in July.  I'm also praying that God will help us give her the perfect name - we are having just a terrible time agreeing on one.  ____ Jane Lund is as far as we've gotten.  Any ideas?

0 comments: