Friday, October 14, 2011

First "Real" Quilt!

I just dropped off my very first quilt to be professionally quilted at Mary's Country Threads!  I am so excited!  Mary invited me to her quilting camp in June and that's where I started this one.  And, since I decided to do all my house cleaning in one day this week, I had some extra time during Aidan's naps and was able to finish it.
This is a picture of me and Kay, the professional quilter.  
I'm holding my Christmas quilt (Jovial Two-Bits it's called) and Kay is holding the backing.  I didn't take too many pictures of it because I'm thinking of giving it to a family member for Christmas!  In this picture, you can also see the huge $20k quilting machine.  It's so impressive and neat to see how it works.

Leo came to Country Threads today, too, and enjoyed his time playing with Izzy, Maggie Mae, Benjie, and Janie, his favorite.  Mary is so great to us!  It's such a beautiful and fun place.

And stay tuned...I also finished my Bulls Eye and will be taking that in soon to be quilted.  Yes, I am a quilting machine.  Who would've guessed?!  A year ago I thought it was a nerdy 90-year-old sport.  I'm a changed lady.  That's what a place like Iowa will do to you.

0 comments: