Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How I Wish the Homosexuality Debate Would Go


My hubby always finds the most interesting articles; I encourage you to read this one:

As I read this, I was reminded of what I read this morning in Barcley's The Secret of Contentment in regards to gays just being "true" to who they are.  
"...the world says that the way to happiness is to 'be yourself.'...In contrast to today's emphasis on self-esteem, the biblical message is that contentment only comes from not being ourselves.  That is, we find peace and joy from being conformed to the image of Christ."
 and
"In a sense, then, we can say that Christianity is about becoming ourselves, not being ourselves.  Simply being ourselves in our sin and depravity leads to death and despair," (pg. 144).

May both homo and heterosexuals repent of their sins and seek to live, by faith, a life that glorifies Jesus Christ.

 P.S. Today I've been addicted to this song.  Enjoy!

0 comments: