Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bed Rest Update #1

Today is Day #9 of bedrest at Abbott, and Baby Girl is now 30 weeks and 5 days in utero.  
I am so thankful to the LORD for His continued graciousness and mercy: Baby Girl is healthy and still inside; I've had no contractions; and I have not (yet) developed an infection.  Pray that nothing changes until she's delivered on (or after) June 1.

The outpouring of love and prayers from our families, church family, and friends has been simply incredible.  Sometimes tears just run down my cheeks because I am overwhelmed at their kindness and thoughtfulness.  From beautiful bouquets of flowers, visitors from Garner (2 hours away), and a dear sister-in-law who stayed for a girl's night to a sweet lady at church shoving gas money in Brian's pocket, friends doing my laundry & ironing Brian's shirts, and Mary keeping Leo for 9 days, I am humbled beyond measure.

And I simply cannot believe how well I am doing emotionally.  I thought being in this hospital room for 5 weeks (I am allotted one 30 minute wheelchair ride per day) would be incredibly difficult, but God is ever-present and constantly good.  I rest in His Sovereignty and am so thankful that He loves our family and is working all things for our good.  I am at peace. Truly He has supplied "every need of [mine] according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Phil 4:19).

Yes, I miss my Brian and Aidan like crazy.  I grieved all the things that I had planned to do with Aidan in May & June as I wanted to cherish every last moment with him as an only child.  I still daily grieve the loss of my everyday with both them.  And I grieve for Brian.  It's infinitely more difficult to take on the role of Mom in addition to the roles of Dad and Pastor than it is to just lie here on bedrest.  Please keep praying for him like crazy - that God would provide for all his needs, that things would go smoothly (last night the TIDE was on top of the washer and it fell off during the spin cycle, crashing to the floor and spilling TIDE everywhere - what a time suck to have to clean that up), and that he would prioritize his time well.  For Aidan, please pray that God would protect his emotions, meet all of his needs, and be drawing him closer to Jesus.  May God do great things in our hearts during this trial.  And how many people get to come out of a difficult trial with a brand new baby girl?  We are so so blessed.

My sweet friend, Sarah, sent me this song.  It's words are so rich and so TRUE!
Meredith Andrews: Not for a Moment
 

3 comments:

blund said...

You know, you didn't have to tell people about the Tide thing... ;)

Unknown said...

But the Tide thing is sooo everyday!? You guys are obviously a great team. I can't help but think that there is a whole body of women and their families in similar situations that would find what you are sharing so uplifting.

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing. Praying for you and your sweet family.