Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Garden Update!

When I got home from church on Sunday, I found some garden label tags in my diaper bag.  I think Marian (the experienced gardener) was worried that I'd be in a state of utter confusion since I didn't label any rows.  [But I did draw out (and label) a diagram of it! I wasn't concerned. ;) ]  However, Marian 
stopped by this morning as I was taking these pictures, and she was so surprised to see how well the garden is growing - I even told her (no labels necessary) what each row is!   Although, in regards to its growth, I am just as shocked as Marian!  But it's true: when God gives us sun and rain, He also gives life to all things.  Take a look:

 [See the church in the background?  My hubby has the world's longest commute...]
Lettuce (and some weeds...)
Spinach (or Swiss chard - I need to check my diagram)
Green beans!  These are by far doing the best.  Aidan has been loving this veggie lately so I'm thankful they're growing so well.
Carrots.  Difficult to decipher from the little weeds.
Peas.  Sugar snap.  Yum.
Beets.  My dad and I love beets.  But everyone seems surprised I planted them.  Doesn't anyone like beets?  Or are they hard to grow?
I sprinkled wild flowers (perennial) on the last row.
Happy early Father's Day, Brian! We bought him this Badminton set at Menards.  But it's so cheap...the birdie gets stuck in the rackets each time we are [finally] able to volley.  Hmmm....
 Our new fire pit!  A farmer dropped off the tractor tire ring and Brian & his dad put the brick around it.  We're excited to roast our first s'mores of the season sometime soon!

That's the update!  I'll let you know when we're partaking of the garden yummies.  If you're close by, we definitely want to share with you.  Thanks for taking an interest in my garden!  It's been so fun to hear all of your neat gardening stories and fond memories.


0 comments: