Sunday, July 24, 2011

A's Swimming Lessons

Last May, I signed Aidan up for "Mommy & Me" swimming lessons at the local aquatic park.  I was really looking forward to it, especially because my mother-in-law had told me about how much she enjoyed swimming lessons with Brian when he was a baby.
However, as the day grew nearer and (I perceived) that water grew colder (I'd prefer to be a beached whale), I decided that it should be "Daddy & Me" swimming lessons.  (Don't worry, the real title was "Parent & Child" lessons.)  Brian is so great; he looked forward to swimming with Aidan.

 Aidan and his friend, Linley, (with her dad, Joe) pick up rings as lessons begin.

 "Got one, Daddy!"
 "The people on the bus go up and down, up and down..."

Aidan did an excellent job at his lessons!  He liked the water, but he wasn't too sure about lying on his back or blowing bubbles.  He especially didn't like the sun in his eyes (but whips off his sunhat).  Last week, we were at my parent's cabin in northern MN and then in Duluth for a few days.  After many times of "swimming" in the lake, Aidan is much more comfortable in the water.  He loves to splash, eat sand, put rocks in his bucket, and float in his bee floaty if Mama or Dada hold onto it.  I'm so glad we have a water lover!

0 comments: