Sunday, July 31, 2011

Leo Lund

The newest Lund:  Leo.
He is Aidan's new bestie.
Leo and his new mommy.

Yesterday Aidan and I arrived home after a two week vacation (thus the reason for my neglected blog).  On one of our many ventures, we stayed in Duluth with my parents for a vacation-from-our-vacation.  My mom took the hotel lobby newspaper (yes, she did ask the front desk) and noticed an ad for goldendoodles in the classifieds.  I've been lusting after and online shopping for a goldendoodle puppy for months now and this doodle deal was too good to pass up.  We called on the way home: three males left.  Brian was at a conference in Cleveland so I spent the next two days trying to convince him of why now was the time for a puppy.  He wasn't easily convinced - at all.  By the time he finally agreed, there was only one puppy left.
 We went to Backus, MN to look at the litter and I fell in love!  They were exactly what I'd been looking for.  Deposit paid.  Two more days until we could bring our little man home.
Yesterday, July 30, we picked up our new addition at a rest-stop in St. Cloud.  I was so thankful to my parents for grabbing Wendy's so we could have a picnic lunch.
Then Uncle Andy wanted to meet his newest nephew so he met us in Maple Grove.  Thank you, Andy!
 
Leo is such an excellent puppy.  In the 30 hours we've owned him, he hasn't had a single mess in the house and slept nearly all through the night!  But more importantly, he has been incredibly good with Aidan.  Leo is so gentle and listens well when we tell him not to lick Aidan.  He doesn't try to chew on A, only on Brian and me!  Leo also enjoys watching Aidan from afar.  Aidan laughs and laughs and laughs at Leo when he plays tug-of-war, walks beside him, or chases his tail.
 (Excuse the ugly chairs - we have bible study here and, I'm ashamed to say, they haven't been put away from last time.)  Leo likes the cars Aidan received from Aunty Laurie.
 Filling up the wagon!
Helping Aidan refill his Nerf gun.  Well, not really...
We're thankful to the LORD for our new little puppy.  He is very sweet and we pray that he is a blessing to our family for many, many years.

On a different, yet related note, I have to tell you how wonderful our church family was to us while we were gone.  Four women from church hoed, weeded, picked, and watered my garden (and that is no easy task!).  It looked like a park.  My spinach had gone to seed so they even dug that out.  Wow - I was so overwhelmed by their kindness and love for us.  Then Mary, my quilter friend, dropped off baby gates and a kennel for Leo to stay in.  She also is, just this week, filling in the duck pond (poor ducks) at her farm (aka Country Threads Quilt Shop) to build a dog park and, eventually, doggie hotel.  She made me promise that if we ever go away and can't take Leo along, that we let him stay with her and her 4 dogs and 17 cats.  How kind of her!  Leo would have an absolute blast at her house.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to the Zion women who take such good care of us!  We love you!


0 comments: