Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kept & Guarded

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you rejoice...
I Peter 1:3-6a
YES!  My hope IS secure because I have an inheritance "kept in heaven," and I'm being "guarded", even now, by God's power.

This truth has been so real and true to me lately as life - full of its disappointments and frustrations - whirls around me.  I always pray that the LORD would preserve our Reformed faith and not let us be tainted by the sins of this pseudo-Christian culture around us.  May we never compromise what God's Word says just because it's become a cultural norm.

Thanking the LORD for Christ, His Word and the Holy Spirit today.  What great and precious promises are written for those who believe!  Also thanking Him for guarding my salvation - what a gift.

0 comments: