Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Produce Time!

So the title of this post assumes (note the exclamation point) that I am thrilled with my garden....and I am...sort of.  I am thrilled because my friend came over today and said, "Look!  Your spinach can be cut and eaten."
Yes, thrilling.  I never thought I'd see the day when I could eat something from my own hands (I've killed every houseplant I've ever owned except one.)

But if you'd asked me yesterday about my garden, I would have sighed, rolled my eyes, and broke out into song.

Two weeks ago, I hoed it and received a huge blister on my thumb.  (No, I stupidly didn't wear my cute gloves.)  It hurt to wash my hair in the shower for 4 days because it would rub in my blister.  I'm a whiner, I know.



Yesterday I hoed and hand-pulled weeds for two and a half hours (yes, I wisened up and wore gloves this time - no blister) and today I can't sneeze, laugh, or cough without some serious ache from my core.  Honestly, Health Magazine, your core workouts are nothing compared to hoeing.  You don't need to give your readers any more 'tips' or new methods for toning our cores, just tell us how to plant a garden.  Offer a free hoe with a new yearly subscription.

Speaking of magazines, someone gave me some trashy magazines (aka US Weekly & People) that I have trouble admitting that I sometimes read.  Anyway, I am so terrible at the Who Wore It Best game.  I lose...always.  Never, ever ask me for fashion advice.

0 comments: