Friday, June 3, 2011

Round About Update!

My Round About quilt is coming together!  Last night our sew club met in Mary's hay mow to sew, sew, sew and eat a few treats!  We were the first group to break the barn in for the season, and it was so fun to hear the chickens, geese, and goats underneath us, as well as see the beautiful countryside out the windows.  I'm all about the farm animals.  Until I smell them.
This is my work station.  Mary has ironing boards set up along the perimeter, but we don't iron.  We press.  What's the difference?  Ask Mary.  I just do what I'm told. ;)
The crew.
Me.  Hard at work.  Can you tell?!
I sewed four small circles of wild colors and polka dots on a 9 inch square.  I did this to 36 squares.  Yes, 36!
All the other ladies sewed only three circles on their squares.  Why?  Well, I didn't read my pattern.  Oops.  I told Mary should could make a new pattern...after me.  ;)
All 36.
Favorite part:  lovies from Izzy.  I just don't like face kisses.  I want a goldendoodle.  Just like Izzy.  Only red?
Izzy loves her mama.
Then I cut my squares in half.  Then in fourths. Yes, all 36.
My stacks.  Now they're going into a bag where four will be randomly selected at a time and all 36 squares will be resown together.  Yes, all 36.  [But that's not the worst part.  The worst part is that all 36 will have to be ironed...or pressed...or whatever.]
Yay!  1/36 is finished!

That's the update.  I'll keep sewing and keep you updated.

0 comments: