Saturday, December 3, 2011

O Christmas Tree

With the lack of snow, I totally haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit.  It's one thing if you live in tropical California where it's supposed to be warm, but in Iowa we are ready for snow!  However, the calendar said it was time, and we had such a fun afternoon picking out the perfect tree at Aldrich Tree Farm in Belmond.
Before leaving town, we used a giftcard to buy yummy coffees at our local coffee shop.
 My boy is ready to tackle the wind and cold!
 We walked and walked, trying to find our tree.
Last year, our tree was monstrous.  We had no idea how to pick out a tree and we'd forgotten to measure our ceiling.  This year we were much more knowledgeable; we looked for one just a tad taller than Brian and not very wide.
 Leo enjoyed running through the trees and the nearby fields.  He was an excellent listener and always came when called.
 Daddy's little helper didn't spend much time walking; all the clothes and his new boots made him a little tipsy...that and it was almost naptime.
So Daddy hauled him around most of the time.
 And I had Leo when there were other people close-by.
 Leo met the donkey.  Neither were too thrilled with one another.
Finally - the perfect tree for our family!
 Aidan wants to hold the saw!
 Or simply be as close to the tree as possible (aka totally in Daddy's way).
But then...
Mommy found a tree she liked even better!
Now we've found the perfect tree...
Daddy gets to work.
 There she is!
 The three of us jump in back while Brian loads it on top of our Jeep.
The man loaded it up and we were on our way!

Now the decorating begins....
Last year I bought Walmart's (even though I despise Walmart and haven't been in one since!) lime green and silver sparkly ornaments at half-price.  I am so excited to have my first matching tree this year!  And my mom just bought me a big, fun lime green bow to put at the top.  I'll post pictures when it's done!

0 comments: