Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Resolutions of Edwards

What New Year's Resolutions are you making?

Normally mine are to exercise more and memorize more Scripture. Vague, I know!

Thankfully, I've been exercising at 5:30 am three times per week for over 3 months now.  I absolutely LOVE the class - cardio sculpt.  Exercise, though, is only of some value:
...for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
I Timothy 4:8

I  need to be more consistent with Scripture memorization.  My goal for 2012 is one verse (or chunk of verses) per week.  I think I'll start memorizing the verses from the Wise Words for Moms so I can be prepared to guide Aidan in truth (and it will be sooo helpful for me as well).

We've been enjoying time in northern MN with my parents this week and look forward to our weekend with our Cali besties, but next week I'm going to spend time studying The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards.  He was such an amazingly Godly man who was constantly putting sin to death.  Even though we were justified through Christ's death and resurrection when we believed, it's essential that we are continually putting sin to death - it's our do in our sanctification process.  I've read through Edwards' resolutions before, but I am very excited to spend time studying them over coffee and praying that the LORD would guide me in putting sin to death.  

So in addition to memorizing one verse/week, I'm going to also make resolutions similar to those of Jonathan Edwards.

What do you think of Edwards' Resolutions?  Any that you're interested in keeping for 2012?

Happy New Year!  May the LORD bless your 2012 and draw you closer to Himself.

0 comments: