Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Snow & Shoes & Bible Study

After getting out our picnic table and chairs, playing a game of Bocce Ball in the backyard, and enjoying Modern Reformation & a Sprite in the sunlight last weekend, we woke up to blizzard-like conditions on Tuesday.  School was even canceled...in APRIL!
Our backyard.

My poor daffodils; they were covered in wet, heavy snow.  They're barely surviving.

On another note, Aidan got new shoes!  He's never really worn shoes before, but it was definitely time...better late than never, right!?
He loves to watch the dinosaur squirm around as he moves his foot!
It's so cold here I had to get his winter hat back out!

A close up of my sweetie.  9.5 months already!  I am so in love and thankful to the LORD for him.

Lastly, I led our bible study this morning that I co-lead with Karlyn.  I find it so refreshing to join with other women, young & old, to study God's Word and encourage & pray for one another.  It is such a blessing to me!  Today's passage was Philippians 3:1-11; we discussed Paul's qualifications for boasting and how, despite those qualifications, he considered all things loss for the sake of Christ.  It so challenged me.  We also compared religion to the gospel (which I will discuss in another post), encouraging one another to live gospel, Christ-centered lives based on faith & repentance.  I am so thankful for those women and look forward to getting to know them more in the future.  This summer we'll be doing a book study, Lineage of Grace, so if you're local, we'd love to have you join us!


1 comments:

andyw said...

more pics please. With daddy more father/son bonding too.