Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Domesticity

I'm tackling another project on my way to domesticity!  During my time in MN with my parents, my dad and I started my garden!  (I know - I'm about six weeks late, but it took me that long to decide to start one.) 
We bought our trays at Menards.
Seed Starter will give the seed embryos exactly what they need to produce delicious veggies for our tummies!
 My seed planting partner, Dad, who learned all he knows about gardening from The Expert.
Our trays filled and ready for seeds!  What will we plant?
Tomatoes, carrots, peas.
Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, chard, beets.
Green beans, lettuce, spinach.
The planting begins!
Cherry tomatoes are in.  Yum!
All done!  These are my two trays that will go home with me to Iowa.  We only started tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers because that's what The Expert taught my dad.  The rest will be planted directly into my manure-filled garden (yes, it's right outside our bedroom window - ewwwww).  Thanks, though, farmers, for taking good care of us!
Who is this Expert, you ask?
Grandpa Richie!  He's had a HUGE garden for years and will definitely be my best resource as I continue on this journey of gardening.
Thanks, Dad!  Thanks, Grandpa!  I love you both mucho!



0 comments: