Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Everyday

This is the 18.5 month old that I get to spend everyday with.
Our everydays aren't too exciting, but I am so thankful for them.
I try to bring glory to His name everyday by serving my family with a joyful heart (I Corinthians 10:31). If this wasn't my goal or calling, I might find myself getting frustrated with certain things everyday...
Almost everyday Aidan tries on my necklaces.

Everyday my jewelry box looks like this.

Everyday Aidan goes inside the closets or bedrooms, waves, says "Bye-bye" and closes the door.
Everyday Aidan gets Daddy's razor out of the bathroom drawer.
 Everyday the toys miraculously move from the playroom to the living room.
Everyday Aidan uses the vacuum.
Everyday Aidan & Leo check out what is in the pantry.
Everyday they're looking for fruit snacks.
 Everyday (in the winter) Aidan has long socks on.
 Everyday Aidan jams and dances.
Everyday he gets upset about something.
But thankfully it only lasts a second or two.
Everyday Daddy plays with Aidan.
It's his* favorite time of the day.
(*The pronoun can be used for either Aidan or Brian!)
Everyday Leo sits in Daddy's lap.
Everyday Aidan cuddles Leo too.
Everyday Aidan plays independently with his toys in the playroom.
 Everyday Aidan reads books with Daddy and Mommy.
Everyday Aidan watches Baby Einstein.
Don't be deceived by this picture; he loves it.
(He dropped his morning nap so Mommy needs a chance to get ready for the day!)
Everyday Aidan loves to ride in the laundry basket.
Everyday Aidan gets out his cup and sits at his little table.

Everyday I am thankful to be Aidan's mama.
It is a joy.

2 comments:

Callie said...

I love your "everyday"! I can't wait till that is my everday :)

You are a great mom. Aidan is so blessed to have you do "everyday" with him and to teach him to find joy in the everyday things that are so precious.

And for the record...he is the cutest little guy I know!

KillerCalliGally said...

such a great post friend...way to find joy in all that! :) you encourage me