Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Celebrating Callie

On Saturday, I drove up to Mahtomedi for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower!  It was at my mom's cousin's beautiful house and all my family was in attendance.  What a special day; we had a great time celebrating Callie and are all so excited that she will soon be a part of our family.
She received a lot of nice gifts - mostly for their kitchen & bathroom.
Chocolate cake in the future?  Yum.
Grandma Char, Mom, cousin Katie
 Sue and Donna (middle and right) organized and hosted this wonderful shower!  It was so sweet of them.

Callie was such a ham - she entertained our family with a detailed commentary on each item she received that they'd registered for, told the engagement story and just kept everyone comfortable...yes, you won't believe it, but my family can be too quiet sometimes! ;)  She's the best - just what our family needs (especially someone to get my dad to play games).

We are getting so excited for the December 17 wedding.  Callie gave me my bridesmaid dress on Saturday - it is absolutely stunning with such a huge, 60s style pinkish bow.  Love it.  Our little man, the ringbearer, has his navy pinstriped suit.  We just have to find Brian his!  It will be such a beautiful day; we can't wait to officially welcome her into our family.

0 comments: