Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

 My parents threw the Rehearsal dinner for Andy & Callie on Friday night at the Hampton in Shoreview.  I was able to help my mom with decorations!  In November, we spent 5 hours in Michael's trying to decide what to create for centerpieces.  This is what we ended up purchasing:


We placed Christmas balls of their colors (fuchsia, charcoal, and navy) into a vase with water and a floating candle. 

Unfortunately, the rehearsal was the only time I took pictures the whole weekend!  We'll have to wait for the photographer to finish the proofs before we can see more wedding pictures (and send out our New Year's card with the ringbearer on it).  But for now, here's what I have:
Aidan, Andy, and Dad
We're only missing Brian!
My grandparents.  Aidan loves them so much!
They were so awesome and watched Aidan Friday afternoon so I could help decorate and Friday night during the rehearsal.  We so appreciated all their help!
Dad, Andy, and two of his groomsmen
Dad and me
The bride & some of her bridesmaids
Little Aye (pronounced eye-ya) and Aidan were buddies all night!
They took turns chasing each other:
 Aidan chases Aye.
 Aye chases Aidan.
 Aye tries to grab Aidan's toy.
 Aye is successful at grabbing Aidan's toy and, therefore, is given the "look".

 Aye, her mom Lindsay, and the BRIDE!
Aye was adopted from Ethiopia last July.  She is adorable. 
She makes Brian and me want to adopt.  Maybe the LORD will give us an opportunity in the future!?
Aidan ran around the room the entire night - he had a blast!
Unfortunately, he interrupted both Callie and Andy while they were at the microphone.  They are both so sweet, though, and picked him up.

The rehearsal dinner went really smoothly; I was so thankful that all of our centerpieces and decorating came together.  My dad, Andy & Callie all did an exceptional job on their "speeches".


0 comments: