Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day #2

I had the BEST Mother's Day.
Before church, I ran to the store with Aidan to pick up some last minute flowers.
As I was driving home, I glanced in the rearview mirror and was overcome with total joy - that was MY little boy in the back.  Cute.  Fun.  Smart.  Hilarious.  A true gift from the Almighty.
I am so blessed.
Yesterday, my heart was overflowing.
So thankful to be Aidan's Mama, but also to be my mom's daughter.
I love her so much!
And my grandma Char too.
I wish I could have been with them yesterday to celebrate them as mothers too.

Instead, the in-laws and grandparent-in-laws and sister-in-law came to visit.
We ate out for lunch.
I wanted a quick pic of our family.
It was tricky getting a picture with an almost-two-year-old who was 1.5 hours past his naptime.  We're red-faced from all the effort it took to keep this busy boy quiet and content in a fancy restaurant.  Were we successful?  No.




 Aidan's giving Mommy a kiss.
Love.

0 comments: