Monday, September 26, 2011

The Farm

Harvest has begun in Iowa!  And this year I knew what a combine was before it even started. Our friends from church, Daryl and Kathy, graciously gave us a tour of their farm and showed us all that harvest entails.  It was a beautiful, cool day and we had so much fun!

 Aidan and Daddy rode in the big tractor!

 Wave!
After the corn is harvested, this tractor plows the field.
 Daryl and Kathy were so kind to give up time out of their busy schedule to sit and wait while we had tractor rides!  Thank you!
Then we went to see Daryl's cows.  If you eat Tyson meat, these cute guys are what you're eating.  Sad.

 Family picture by the stinky cows!
I think they are so adorable.  I love beef, but I wish God made it grow on plants so we didn't have to kill these cute little gents.  But His ways are perfect - I just have to remember that!
Aidan had so much fun.
 He even sat on a horse!  He wasn't too sure about it, though.  He likes Leo-sized animals best.
 Lastly, I rode in a combine!  Can you see me?!  We combined corn - that is quite the process.  Those machines are so impressive.
This is my combine driver, Rusty.  Thanks for the ride, Rusty!
Thanks, Upmeyers, for a fun farm day!  We loved it.

0 comments: