Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whew

This has been quite the week.  Aidan is cutting teeth.  Leo is crazy.  Aidan is clingy.  Leo is wild.  Aidan is whiny.  Leo is a chewer.  Both are busier and more mobile than ever.  Additionally, Brian is going through hard things and it's difficult to watch.  AND, we've been trying to purchase a vehicle and that's not going well.  I am exhausted - between company, over zealousness on my projects, staying up late with the hubs, waking early with the boy, I'm about to crash.  Wait, I did crash today...emotionally.  Doesn't a cry do a girl good?!  It relieves all the pressure; it truly has a calming effect.

But I know a good cry's calming nature doesn't last.  The pressure rises with the next scream from Aidan, the next bite from Leo...what am I going to do?  How am I going to handle my emotions?  My frustrations?  I am so thankful for a GOD in whom I can trust and cast all my cares, knowing that He loves me and my boys.

Peace and patience amidst these little and big frustrations is found in God alone - as I cling to the promises found in His Word.  The cry felt good for a moment, but the peace from the LORD is lasting and so wonderful.

Here's what I've been trusting today:
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.  James 1:13


"In God's Place, At God's Pace, By Future Grace"
A chapter heading in John Piper's Future Grace

Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord...
As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience,
take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
Behold, we count those blessed who endured.
You have heard of the endurance of Job
and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings,
that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
James 5:7-11 (condensed by Piper in Future Grace)

And in the midst of a whiny, clingy child and a wild, chewing puppy who is taking all the toys from my whiny, clingy child:
But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psalm 131:2
P.S. Tomorrow I'm driving 2 hours for a pumpkin spice latte.  Can't wait.  Starbucks, I love you.

0 comments: