Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Bulls-Eye is Complete!

Remember when I purchased my first quilting project?  This is what it looked like when I bought all the fabric.

Well, I am proud to show you that I have completed all the sewing!


The green polka-dot fabric in the foreground will be the backing.

The next step is to take it to Mary's to be professionally quilted, but I'm going to wait until January to do that...unless I decide that I want it to be my Christmas present.  ;)

Then it will be bound (yes, by hand - truly, that's the worst part about quilting).  After that it gets washed so the edges of the circles will fray (yes, that's the look we're going for!).  And then it'll be finished!  I can hardly wait.  I'm then hoping to get a picture of all us Zion sewing ladies and our Round-Abouts with, of course, the best teacher ever, Mary!

0 comments: