Friday, March 9, 2012

Latin

Classical education is my favorite.
One of my dreams is to send my son to an exceptional, academically rigorous and Reformed classical school.  
A school like The Cambridge School.
If you're not familiar with classical education, I'd encourage you to go to Cambridge's website, scroll down, and read the Distinctly Christian and Distinctly Classical articles.
I truly believe that classical education would solve many, if not all, of the millions of problems in today's educational world.
[Article: What's Wrong with American Education?]
And with a Reformed Christian base!?  Rigorous academics?!  Couldn't be more perfect.

My sweet, uber-brilliant friend, Naomi, who attended Westminster Cali with Brian taught at Cambridge for two years and still writes curricula for them and evaluates & trains their teachers.  She rocks.  So when she links to an article, I take note.
Today on Facebook, she linked to an article from MoreIntelligentLife.com about the value of learning Latin.
You can read it here.
Here's another article: Top 3 Reasons for Latin

I can't wait to order Aidan's Latin curriculum...I am just so so excited to learn it along with him.
I should probably start today because he'll catch on so much more quickly than I will!
Which Latin curriculum to order?
Start looking at Memoria Press.

I hope you research and fall in love with classical education just as Naomi and I have.
Love you, Naom!  :)

******
And this one is for you, Dad.  I love you too!
The Classical Education of the Puritans 

0 comments: